Monday, March 31, 2014

Midnight Attack

David was sleeping on the couch with Astrid because she was having a rough night with gas and congestion. I had finally fallen asleep around 11pm, because my post-pregnancy hormones had me on a roller-coaster all day and it took me awhile to settle down. 

I was awakened from a deep sleep by a blood-curdling yell. It sounded like Anders was being attacked. I ran out into the hall and David was crouched down with a frantic Anders. David tells me Anders just went his pants and to brace my eyes because he was going to turn on the light. 

David had just finished getting Astrid all the way to sleep. He heard Anders come out of his room and called for him to come to the living room so he wouldn't wake me up. Anders came down and David asked him if he needed to pee. He was standing, clutching his crotch and didn't reply. He just took-off, screaming down the hall and ran smack into the bathroom door. He was running like a cowboy that just got off a ten-hour horse ride, but on his tiptoes. When he smacked into the bathroom door, he turned around and screamed frantically running back towards David. David was waiting for him at the end of the hall and was able to stop him, where he then peed his pants on the carpet and was screaming the scream that woke me up. (David is pretty sure he would have still been running around and screaming if he hadn't of been there to stop him).

So David turns on the light and there are drips of pee all down the hall. I go to the kitchen and get cleaning supplies and work on cleaning up the hall, while David takes Anders to get changed and cleaned up in the shower. 

Apparently, through all of these events, Anders was never really fully awake. Even when David was washing him off and changing his clothes. So he may have been having a nightmare while all of this was going on. It was so strange and terrifying, but this morning it is just super funny.

No comments: