Monday, May 20, 2013

Heavenly Father keep you safe

This is David again posting for my very occasional interjection/story:

Tonight, Anders was scared so Syd asked me to cuddle with him for a little bit to help him feel safe. So we were talking about how daddy keeps him safe and that momma also keeps him safe. He asked if Bram keeps him safe and I told him that because he is bigger, he keeps Bram safe. I then told him that Camrose keeps him safe too and that is why she wanders around at night and is in his room sometimes.

Then I asked him "Do you know who else keeps you safe?" and he said with a little genuine grin I could see in the dark, "The missionaries!?"

I said, "It is possible. But do you know who else keeps you safe? Heavenly Father and Jesus can keep you safe if you are scared and help you be safe if it is right. You can ask for them to help you by praying." I then talked to him about how to ask for help when he is scared and asked if he wanted to do so tonight and he said yes so we sat up in his bed and he said:

"Heavenly Father, thank you keep me safe. Please bless it. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

He then told me that he was not scared any more and that he could go to sleep now. I asked him if he was happy to know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ could keep him safe and he said yes. Then he spontaneously decided to tell me: "Heavenly Father keep me safe. And momma keeps Jesus safe. And momma keep Heavenly Father safe."

Kind of heartwarming and cute to be a part of as a dad. The simple faith of a child to accept that his Father in Heaven loves him and can keep him safe from the imaginary dragons, alligators and monsters helps me to have more faith in his ability to help me with the challenges that I face.

No comments: