Sunday, October 20, 2013

Three-year-old Physics

I changed Bram's diaper on our change table. David built a ladder on it so that I don't have to lift the boys to change their diapers anymore (not cause I am a weakling, but because I am five months prego). Bram wanted me to catch him when I finished changing him. I said no, because the little stinker made me put him in his crib for time-out and then out of the crib onto the change table. He had a meltdown when I said no. 

Anders came running in ready to help. I walked out to throw his diaper away and told Anders not to climb onto the change table. Next thing I know I hear a loud crash and then screaming...

Anders had gone into his room with the intention of catching his brother off the change table since I wouldn't. When Bram wouldn't jump to him, he climbed up onto the change table to push his brother off, so he could then catch him. Unfortunately, time does not stop for three-year-old's. A hard lesson he learned when his brother got hurt. Luckily it was just a sprained ankle. I am pretty sure Anders and I cried more than Bram.

On a happier note, Anders finally decided he was ready for underwear and is basically potty-trained. No more diapers! He has a few accidents here and there, but that is pretty impressive considering he went straight to underwear 24/7 about four days ago. I think the best part is that it has been completely painless for me and David. We haven't had to fight with him about it because he decided it was time. I am just glad he decided that before the baby comes.

No comments: