Saturday, February 8, 2014

Astrid

I had written a long post about the birth and was starting to write up a few of the funny stories/adjustments when I pushed an undo button by accident and it erased everything. So maybe I will get around to the birthing story again, another day.

Bram is fascinated by my nursing of Astrid. He says every time, "eating from your apples!" Alright then. He also will come over and pat her gently on the head while saying, "be gentle" over and over again.

Anders is obsessed with his baby sister. He can't kiss her enough and he is always telling her how beautiful she is. He also calls my staples (from my incision) my "simples". He also likes to hold his sister and stroke her head softly while singing her "I Am A Child of God". The very first time he held her in the hospital, he started singing to her without any prompting from us, and we caught it on video. 

The strangest thing for David and I about coming home, was how big Bram suddenly was. He was still our baby when we left, but after two days with a newborn, he was suddenly ginormous to us. It is still blowing our minds.

Astrid is a beautiful baby and adds a very calming spirit to our home. She is really easy-going and rarely complains. She makes lots of funny noises, including sounding like a whimpering puppy, but only if she is with her dad. She sleeps A LOT, so we are not too deliriously tired. She also spends a lot of time awake during the day, more than either of her brothers did at her age. Maybe it is because of how loud they are...

Things are great here! We love our family of five and are so grateful for our Astrid Jessica June.



No comments: