Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Temple

This past week, I went to the temple on Wednesday night, and David went to the temple on Thursday night. On Friday night we had a scheduled studio photo shoot. We were trying to get Anders pumped about it, so I said, "Anders! Guess where we are going tonight?!" No response. "We are going to the mall to get our pictures taken!" Anders, "No. We going to the temple. I want to go temple with Dad." That was most definitely not the response I was expecting, at all. We promised him we would go see the temple the next evening.

So last night we drove over to see the temple. It was cool weather, but not with a chill, so we got out of the car and played in the snow mounds and talked about the temple. As we prepared to leave, Anders lost it because he hadn't gone INSIDE. We explained it was closed and he wasn't old enough yet, but that we would bring him back often to see the temple since we only live a ten minute drive away.

We love to see the temple! And as we were there and I was watching the three most important people in my life stomping around in the snow with me, I was overwhelmed with gratitude to be sealed in the temple to my beautiful family and have the assurance that we can be together forever, regardless of what tragedies can occur in this life. I hope that my lifetime will conclude with innumerable treasured moments like the one we created tonight.

The Temple which we visited can be found here

P.S. Bram is officially walking and is starting to understand and use minimal sign language. He has made leaps and bounds this week. He can sign: please, thank you, water, food, and more. The sign he will do most readily is always FOOD. 

No comments: