Friday, September 19, 2014

Helpers

So I was about to get into the shower and I asked Anders to help Astrid if she started crying while I was in the shower. He looked at me like I had asked him to drive our car. I told him all he had to do was make sure she had some toys. Then at the last minute, I decided to put her in the jump up in the doorway to the bathroom. Bram had said he would give her toys if she started to cry, but I told him he could just relax, because he has a fever. 

I put in a movie for the boys, have Astrid in the jump up and hop into the shower. Two seconds later, Astrid starts throwing a fit which causes her to bump her head repeatedly into the door frame. I have to jump out of the shower while soaking wet to reposition her. I get back into the shower and she is still screaming at me. A few seconds pass and I hear a pitter-patter down the hall. When I peek around the shower curtain, Bram is bringing a huge toy for Astrid. For the next ten minutes that I am showering (which is a really fast shower for me), the boys bring toys down the hall for their sister. She stopped crying each time they brought a toy, but started again the minute they walked away. They were so sweet trying to help me and their sister. This is the result:
Too bad she couldn't actually reach any of the toys to play with them.

No comments: