Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vacuum Trauma/Drama

"I want to be the winner on my own." - Anders 

Anders loves to vacuum with the DustBuster. I sent him to vacuum the bathroom floor because he wanted to do more after finishing the living room. He starts screaming frantically. David brings him down the hall a minute later so I can calm him down. While vacuuming he had sucked up the side of the bathroom rug that was partially torn. It was wrapped in the vacuum. It freaked Anders out. He thought he had destroyed the rug. I had told David the day before that it was time to get a new bathroom rug. Anders looks at me with big tears running down his cheeks, "I love that rug. We need to get another one just the same." I had no idea a kid could be so attached to a bathroom rug. Especially a plain beige one.

Then he tells me how he never wants to vacuum again. I explain that he doesn't have to do the bathroom if it is too scary, but know how much he loves to vacuum. He says, "Ya, mom. You need to vacuum the bathroom...but be careful of the rug."

No comments: